To keep your room warm during the cold weather, a gas heater is the best and cheapest option you can choose from. It can cover up large spaces easily unlike other heaters. Even if you want to heat your camp during the camping, this one can be a good option as well.
However, not all heaters are good and can give you a good service. You need the best gas heater to get the best result. Otherwise, you may end up losing your hard-earned money. So stick to the article to find out the best one for you.
10 BEST GAS HEATER
Lots of gas heater manufacturers are trying to establish their brand in the market. As a result, the market is now saturated with so many brands and models. Finding the best one becomes tough, especially for the newbies. Here is the list of 10 top best gas heaters for you to remove your hassle.
|Best Pick||Mr. Heater Natural Gas Heater||30,000 BTU||1000 square feet|
|Rinnai Vent-Free Space Heater||22,000 BTU||5200 feet|
|Budget Pick||Mr. Heater Portable Radiant||9000 BTU||225 Square feet|
|Pro Com Blue Flame Wall Heater||30,000 BTU||1000 square feet|
|Camco Catalytic Heater 3||3000 BTU||100 square feet|
|Martin Direct Vent||11,000 BTU||323 square feet|
|Mr. Heater Little Buddy||3800 BTU||95 square feet|
|Best Value||Bluegrass Gas Space Heater||30, 000 BTU||1,400 square feet|
|Remington gas heater||60, 000 BTU||1500 square feet|
|Texsport Propane Heater||10,000 BTU||400 square feet|
Table of Contents
- 10 BEST GAS HEATER
- 1. Mr. Heater Natural Gas Heater
- 2. Rinnai Vent-Free Space Heater
- 3. Mr. Heater Radiant Heater – Budget pick
- 4. Pro Com Blue Flame Wall Heater
- 5. Camco Catalytic Heater
- 6. Martin Wall Heater
- 7. Mr. Heater Propane Heater
- 8. Bluegrass Gas Space Heater (Best value)
- 9. Remington gas heater
- 10. Texsport Propane Heater
- Things to consider to buy the best gas heater
1. Mr. Heater Natural Gas Heater
Mr. Heater Natural Gas Heater is one of the best gas heaters that offer a blue flame. It warms the air instead of radiating the heat. As a result, you can put the heater in a narrow space and get warm air around the home.
It produces 30,000 BTU heat to your room that can cover up to 1000 square feet spaces. You can use this gas heater for outdoor or the rooms that don’t warm well usually.
Since this one works fine at 4500 ft high, you can take in trekking or hiking or camping as well to get warm weather. If the oxygen is low, the heater will shut off automatically due to a lack of oxygen.
Its fuel consumption Rate .030 MCF Gal/Hr that reduces your cost of heating yet provides effective heating. You will have a thermostat as well to check your heat measurement as well.
For easy installation, the heater comes with legs along with wall mounting hardware. As a result, you do not have to worry about the installation that makes it a good gas heater for indoor too. Also, there are supplied feet to install it on the floor of your room.
An electronic Ignition is there too to remove the hassle of starting the heater manually. You will have the battery for ignition in the package.
So overall, this heater can come in handy to warm your room or camp easily. You need no external power to run the heater that makes it a great option for power outages.
- The heater comes with blue flame that heats the air to provide you a comfortable room temperature.
- It generates 30,000 BTU temperature to cover up a large room of 1000 sqft effectively even in 4500 feet high.
- You can save a lot of money on energy bill as it consume .030 MCF Gal/Hr to assure effectiveness and efficiency at the same time.
- It comes with all the wall mounted and floor mounted hardware that make it easy to install the heater.
- The heater makes the starting easier with its battery power ignition system to remove manual starting hassle.
2. Rinnai Vent-Free Space Heater
Rinnai Vent-Free Space Heater is a good example of the best gas heater for home. This one smoothly heats up your large basement within a very short time. Since it does not have any ductwork, it minimizes the heat wastage and ensures even heat distribution all the time.
It offers an output range of 8,000 to 22,000 BTU/hour. That means it can be a suitable option for your small home as well as a large home at the same time. A perfect supplemental heating item for your room additions, sunrooms, and basements.
You can even control the output from 8000 to 22000 BTU based on your convenience. A digital display and a programmable thermostat are there to help you control it properly.
The machine comes with all the oxygen sensor that turns off the machine in low oxygen. As a result, it prevents any additional energy loss and prolongs the life of the heater.
You have the tilt Push-Button that allows smooth electronic Ignition. As a result, you can start the heater with a snap at no time. It removes the hassle of manual starting too.
Safety is a bigger issue for the heater, especially if your kids touch the heater during the operation. However, with this heater, you are free from the risk as it comes with a cool-to-the-touch cabinet. It will keep the outside cool even in the extreme temperature to keep your family safe all the time.
Installation is not a problem with this heater. You can easily install this vent-free fan convector. Even if you don’t have any previous experience, you can do it without calling a professional.
So overall, if you live in a cold-weather area and want to quickly heat up your room, then this one can be a good option to consider.
- The heater offers 8,000 to 22,000 BTU/hour output with no ductwork to ensure fastest heating of a large room.
- You have the cool-to-the-touch cabinet that eradicates the chances of burning the hand of your kids and others while touching.
- Its oxygen sensor will prevent running the machine in low oxygen to reduce additional cost and ensure maximum heating.
- You can start the heater with a simple push of the Tilt Switch that reduce your hassle to start machine in cold weather.
- It offers easy installation so that you can set it anywhere by following the instruction it comes with.
3. Mr. Heater Radiant Heater – Budget pick
If you are after the best portable gas heater, you should consider Mr. Heater Radiant Heater. It can provide you heat anywhere you go with higher efficiency. Since it is approved to use indoor and outdoor, it is suitable for camping, traveling, and of course, home use.
It has the capacity to generate 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant and cover up to 225 square feet with ease. Besides, it ensures clear burning for 100% efficiency that reduces the energy cost.
Also, it comes with an auto-shut-off that works in many ways. If you take it above 7000 feet or if the tipped is over or if the pilot light goes out, your machine will turn off automatically. Since it detects the oxygen level, when you keep it on for a long time, it warms the room and shuts off automatically to prevent overheating and over energy costing.
The machine is made of steel, plastic, and nickel that makes it a perfect gas heater for camping and indoor use at the same time.
Its Fuel Consumption is 0.044 Gal/Hr at 4000 BTU. You can easily understand that it is quite low compared to many other models. It will give you a run time of approximately 3 hours with its 1 lb. cylinder.
Carrying the heater is simple with this heater. It comes with a compact design and a fold-down handle. Also, due to this folding handle, it takes less space to store as well.
Starting the heater is simple as well even in the tough cold weather. All you have to do is to rotate the knob to pilot and then push. The rest of the things will be handled by the heater. So overall, this one can be the best camping gas heater for you. You should give it a try today.
- It can heat space up to 225 sqft with its 4,000- to 9,000-BTU radiant which is good enough for a camp or a room.
- The burn rate is 0.044 Gal/Hr that ensures almost 100% efficiency and clear burning to save energy bill every month.
- You have auto-shut-off feature that shuts off the machine in low oxygen to prevent overheating and safety.
- Its construction is made of high quality materials that makes it compact yet durable for outdoor use.
- You can easily start the heater by rotating and pushing the knob with its simple electric start.
4. Pro Com Blue Flame Wall Heater
Pro Com Blue Flame Wall Heater is another good example of the best gas heater that makes heating fast and easy. Since it is a blue flame heater, it circulates the warm air instead of warming an object and provides you a comfortable room environment.
It is a dual fuel technology that allows you to use either natural gas or liquid propane. No matter what you use, you will get 30 000 BTU heat output to Heat up to 1 000 sq ft space easily.
With its thermostat control, you can customize the heat settings and control the heat flow for a comfortable atmosphere in your room. You can easily start the machine with its simple push-button Piezo ignition.
Installing this indoor propane heater is extremely easy. It includes the wall mounting bracket for easy installation. Also, you have a space-saving design that increases the beauty of your room and takes less space.
Since it is a vent-free gas heater, it offers 99 9% efficiency and eradicates the need of outside duct or chimney at all. Also, it provides clear burning as well for energy saving as well.
This ventless gas heater comes with the built-in oxygen sensor. As a result, it will automatically shuts off immediately if the carbon monoxide level is higher or the oxygen level is lower. So all in all, this one can be suitable option for your room heating without any electricity.
- It comes with blue fame technology that warm your 1 000 sqft room completely within a very short time.
- You have the flexibility to use either propane or natural gas with its dual fuel technology and get 30 000 BTU heat output.
- It offers you the thermostat control to customize the heat flow to ensure the most comfortable room environment.
- You do not need any duct or chimney that maximizes the efficiency up to 99.99% and reduces energy waste.
- The heater comes with oxygen sensor, it prevents any kind of overheating and unwanted situation caused by carbon monoxide.
5. Camco Catalytic Heater
Camco Catalytic Heater is a great secondary gas wall heater you can use for your home. It emits radiant heat to provide you comfort at your home.
With its 1600 to 3000 BTU/hr heat output, you can easily use it as a secondary heating source for your home or SV. You have 3 adjustments of heat output to make the environment more convenient and comfortable.
This natural gas heater has the capacity to heat up to 100 sqft which is good enough for a room. Besides, it works fine in low-pressure gas for maximum efficiency.
You can mount the heater on the wall by using the portable unit. With its Piezoelectric sparker, you can easily start the heater to warm your room without any hassle. It is designed to last up to 20,000 starts as well. There is no need for an electrical drain or any other battery connection that makes it a perfect option for dry camping.
This heater operates with less noise that allows you to enjoy the moment or sleep silently. Besides, it has a safety shut-off valve that prevents any kind of accidental non-ignition fuel discharge. Most importantly, it does not emit any harmful carbon monoxide that ensures environment safety as well.
- It delivers radiant heat up to 3000 BTU/hr to make a 100 sqft room warm faster for comfort.
- You have 3 levels of heat output adjustment from 1600 to 3000 BTU that ensures perfect heating for you.
- It comes with an electric ignition that provides 20,000 starts to remove of hassle of manual start.
- You will enjoy a sound and warm environment with this heater as it does not produce any noise during the operation.
- It does not allow any non-ignition fuel discharge with its auto shut of valves for maximum energy saving and safety.
6. Martin Wall Heater
If you are searching for the best gas heater for home, then you must consider the Martin Wall Heater. This one comes with a higher heat output of 11,000 BTU. That means it will make your room warmer within a few minutes.
With its room thermostat, you can monitor your heat dispersion easily. You have the heat output adjustment dial that lets you control the heat dispersion and makes the room temperature most comfortable for you.
It features glass-ceramic window through which the radiant heat goes through and increases the temperature. This glass is available only in the exclusive heater. It ensures maximum safety and good heat dispersion.
You will have a die-cast aluminum construction that prevents the heat from losing and ensures durability at the same time. That means you can save energy and money every year.
It has a sleek fireplace design that improves the aesthetic look of your room and provides clean energy as well. Since it is a direct vent heater, it does not require any ductwork or chimney that prevents heat wasting a lot.
Installation is easier too. You can even install it without taking help from a professional. Besides, it needs less maintenance due to its clean heating technology. So overall, this heater can provide you the safety and comfort you are looking for.
- It offers an 11,000 BTU heat output to ensure fast heating with its radiant heating technology.
- You have the control dial and thermostat that allow you to control the temperature of your room.
- A glass ceramic window is there that disperses the radiant heat properly and ensures maximum safety.
- It features die-cast aluminum construction and sleek design for style room look and for wall safety.
- You need less maintenance with this heater and its installation is easier as well to save money and time.
7. Mr. Heater Propane Heater
Mr. Heater Propane Heater is another good example of the best gas heater. It is lightweight and comes with a compact design for camping or indoor use. You can heat up to 95 square feet fast with this small heater.
When running a heater, the odor is very common that makes the room environment uncomfortable. However, this one comes with odor-free heating function to make a perfect option for home or outdoor use.
It provides heat at 45-degree angle for effective heat circulation. Besides, you can take it up to 7000 Feet and it will serve your perfectly which makes it a great option for camping or trekking.
With its Automatic low oxygen shut-off system, it will shut off automatically when it feels the scarcity of oxygen. As a result, it will prevent overheating and ensure maximum safety against the carbon monoxide gas.
Even it has accidental tip-over switch that turns the heater off if it gets heat or fall down anyway. This is designed to prevent any accidental hazard. You have a simple on-off button that makes it easier to use unlike many other heaters that take effort to start.
It requires a 1-pound disposable propane cylinder that can offer you a run time of 5.6 hours with maximum heat output. So all in all, this small and portable heater can be a perfect solution for a tent, camp, or small room.
- It delivers heat at 45-degree angle that can heat 95 sqft space within a very short time with higher efficiency.
- You will not have an annoying odor during the heating process for a comfortable room or tent environment.
- It has oxygen sensor and tip over switch that shut off the heater when the oxygen level is low and when it gets any hit.
- You can easily on-off the heater with a single push as it comes with a simple on-off button.
- It needs a 1 gallon cylinder to offer you good run time of 5.6 hours to enjoy your tent time.
8. Bluegrass Gas Space Heater (Best value)
Bluegrass Gas Space Heater can be the best gas heater with its useful features and capability. It is a perfect option for a large room or an apartment. You cannot use a small heater to heat such a large room for sure. That is why it offers a heat output of 30, 000 BTU that can easily heat up to 1, 400 sq. ft Area fast.
However, it is a hassle to adjust the temperature every time. Especially in the extreme cold weather. This best value heater comes with thermostat control that automatically on and off based on the room temperature for a perfect room temperature all the time.
Unlike radiant heater, this one features blue flame technology with a blower. It helps spread the hot air throughout the room to achieve the perfect room environment. Since it is a vent free heater, you will have clean energy and less cost.
Starting a machine in the freezing time is a real pain. To remove your pain, it features a push button Piezo ignition that allows you to start the heater with a simple push. You have an oxygen depletion sensor as well that shuts of the heater if the carbon monoxide level is high or oxygen level is low. As a result, you get maximum safety against carbon gas and over-heating.
The heater is made of high-quality materials to ensure durability. Besides, installation is easy as well. It features a base feet that makes the initial setup easier and cost effective. Wall Mounting Bracket is also there that makes it extremely easy to install.
- The heater generates high heat output of 30, 000 BTU to cover up 1, 400 sq. ft space easily and quickly.
- It has thermostat control that turns on and off the machine automatically to adjust the accurate temperature for maximum comfort.
- A blower is there that distributes the heat evenly throughout the room for a warm condition.
- You can easily start the heater with a single push as it is equipped with an electric ignition.
- It has an oxygen sensor that senses the oxygen level and shuts off the heater automatically to prevent overheating.
9. Remington gas heater
Remington gas heater is another goo heater perfect for construction sites, workshops, farms, or garages. It is made of high quality steel construction that handle the tough and rough condition yet provide you the value you are looking for.
The heater offers you a high output of 60,000-BTUs that is more than enough for your large workshop or farms or workplace. It can cover up to 1500 square feet within a very short period to make the cold environment warmer.
With its adjustable heat angle, you can set the angle to adjust the heat in a certain area. You have lass-exclusive electronic ignition that makes the starting easier. You surely do not enjoy starting manually in the cold weather.
It runs on a 20-lb tank that can give you a runtime of 10.5 hours which is pretty good for sure. A 10-foot hose is there to connect the tank with the heater. You have a regulator too adjust the flow.
Its air flow capacity is 300 CFM meaning that it provides a good efficiency and saves your money. So overall, if you are looking for a heater for a large and extremely cold area, you should look no further but this one.
- The heater offers extremely high heat output of 60,000-BTUs to cover up to 1500 sqft within a few minutes.
- It comes with an adjustable heat angle and regulator to control the temperature for more comfortable environment.
- You have a high quality construction that can withstand tough weather and condition easily unlike others.
- It has an electric ignition that lets you avoid manual starting in the extremely cold weather.
- You will get good efficiency with 300 CFM flow capacity and 20-lb tank with a 10.5 hours of runtime.
10. Texsport Propane Heater
Texsport Propane Heater is a simple and effective heater you can have in your room. Despite its simplicity, it offers 10,000 BTUs output to warm an area fast enough. You will get a comfortable room temperature within a short time.
With its durable ceramic burner, it increases the heat radiation. As a result, even in the 10000 heat output, you will get maximum efficiency with less cost. Also, it ensures even heat distribution as well for warmer air.
It features an auto shut off valve that turns your heater off when the flame goes out to prevent any unwanted situation.
A Pressure regulator is there that allows you to control the temperature and make it perfect for you. Surely, you will not need 10000 BTU all the time.
An easy on/off control makes the starting and shutting off easier than you think. Besides, its steel frame supports increase the durability of the heater that you can use for a long time.
- The heater delivers 10,000 BTUs output heat that is high enough to warm a large room or large space.
- You have the durable ceramic burner that distributes heat evenly and ensures maximum efficiency.
- An auto shut off valve is there to prevent any hazard caused by the heater when the flame goes off.
- It has a pressure regulator that allows you to control the temperature and make the temperature perfect for your room.
- You have steel construction that ensures durability and makes it perfect for tough weather and condition.
Things to consider to buy the best gas heater
You are going to invest a good amount of money on the heater. It is your duty to pick the right one with your money. Since most of the newbies do not have enough knowledge on gas heater, it becomes tough to choose one. So here are the tips for you.
When looking for the best gas heater, consider the heat output of the heater. The more the heat output, the faster it can warm the space. So if you want a fast heating during the cold condition, you need a higher BTU. 10000 BTU is good enough for fast heating.
Along with the fast heating, you need to know the area the heater can cover. It completely depends on your room size or the place you want to heat. The larger area you have, the higher coverage you will need.
Capacity of the cylinder
The gas cylinder determines the run time of the heater. If it holds more fuel, it will give you more run time and vice versa. So if you want a long run time, you should choose a heater with a larger cylinder. Also, a larger cylinder will be a barrier for carrying, remember that.
Safety is always first. You need to check whether it has oxygen sensor or not. It should have oxygen sensor so that it turns off the heater to prevent overheating or to save you from carbon monoxide gas.
Starting the heater in cold weather is tough. However, if you have electric ignition, you can easily turn on the heater with a simple push. So make sure you have that.
If you are looking for a heater that you can use in your camping or outdoor, you should go for the one that offers portability. Check the weight, design, and size of the heater to ensure better portability.
A good gas heater will ensure a warm environment in the cold weather. It will make the room warm within a very short time and cover sufficient area as well. Also, you can start the heater with ease while provide safety against fire hazard and carbon monoxide. To get all those benefits, you should choose the best gas heater.
That is why we have portrayed some good gas heater in the market to make your decision making easy. Also, we have given you some tips to find the right one for you as well. This article will help you find the best one for you. So follow out tips and get your desire one now.