When you have the gas home appliances at your home or office, you might need to worry about gas leakage. In that case, trusted on your insensitive-to-natural-gas will be a stupid decision for sure. The reason is you might not sniff the gas, and as a result, this leak can be dangerous and life-threating.
The good news is nowadays; there are a lot of devices in the market that can detect propane gas leakage and prevent any dangerous situation. But to get the best result, you should choose the best propane gas detectors. When you have a good propane gas detector, it will detect the gas whenever the gas gets leaked and prevent you from danger.
IS PROPANE GAS DANGEROUS?
Propane is an odorless and colorless gas, meaning that you cannot see it, you cannot smell it. But it is extremely dangerous for you and your family. If you inhale this gas, you may face different types of physical problems such as Dizziness, Fever, Cough, Diarrhea, General weakness, Nausea and vomiting, Headache, Nervousness, Skin irritation, Pain and numbness in arms and legs, and others. Even you can die as well. Also, it is extremely flammable, meaning that if it exposes to fire anytime, it can low your house. That means it is extremely dangerous, and you should detect it immediately when it leaks. But you cannot detect with your low-sensitive nose. That is why it is important you install a gas detector.
10 BEST PROPANE GAS DETECTORS
You know, buying the best gas detector for propane gas is important, but how can you find out the best one since the market does not have that many good detectors? Well, we can help you. Here are some top-class propane gas detectors for you.
GEARDON Plug-in Propane Alarm
EG Air propane/natural gas detector
EG Air Y201
MTI Industries Propane/LP Gas Alarm
REED Instruments Combustible Gas Leak Detector
Gasjob Combustible Portable
FORENSICS Gas Leak Detector
MTI Industries 30-442-P-WT
Amprobe GSD600 Gas Leak Detector
CD100A Combustible Gas Leak Detector
10. GEARDON Plug-in Home Natural Gas/Methane/Propane detector
The GEARDON Plug-in Home Natural Gas/Methane/Propane detector is one of the top class propane detectors in the market. It comes with the capability of detecting mists, combustible gases, and residues, including LPG (Propane and Methane), natural gas, gas fuel, artificial gas, coal gas, and others.
When the gas leak exceeds the limit, the alarm of the gas detector rings up and reminding you of the voice. Also, its LED screen will tell you the concentration of the gas. As a result, you can remain tension free about gas leakage. Even it releases you from the tension if you keep your stove gas on. It is extremely easy to use; you just need to simply connect the gas detector to your home outlet or a 9v battery, and then the indicator will light up and tell you it has started working.
This alarm uses only 3 watts of current, meaning that it needs less electricity and cost. The sensitivity of the detector is good as well. It uses intelligent microprocessor control that ensures accurate detecting. Additionally, its auto-detect sensor failure lets you know when the kit does not work. So overall, it is surely one of the best natural gas leak detectors that you should consider while buying.
- It can detect multiple combustion gases, including propane, methane, natural gas, and others.
- You will get auto voice and alarm that will let you know when the gas limit exceeds
- It is easy to use and uses less electricity, even if you are using it for the first time, you can use it as well.
- Its LED screen tells you the concentration of the gas easily
- The intelligent microprocessor ensures the highest sensitivity so that it detects the gas fast
9. EG Air propane/natural gas detector
Up next is the EG Air propane/natural gas detector, which is one of the most versatile gas leak detectors for the kitchen that will help you remain tension free about as explosion. It comes with the capability to detect several gases, including natural gas, as well as propane. That means no matter what type of gas user you are; you can remain tension-free all the time.
You will get a speaking voice alarm and 80 DB siren alarm at the same time when the gas limit exceeds. Also, a red light will start flashing when it detects the gas explosion. As a result, even if you are busy listening to anything in your headphone or remain in other rooms, you can see or hear the alarm.
It has a LED display where you can easily check the concentration of the gas with an easy reading from 0-20%. As a result, you can see the concentration of the gas before it reaches the explosive level. With its double-sided shielded ABS, these devices are anti-pest, anti-mildew, and anti-corrosive. That means it is durable, and at the same time, you can easily wipe to clean. Besides, it uses less than 3 watts of electricity that makes it cost-effective for you.
- It has the capability to detect multiple combustion gases, including propane and natural gas.
- You will get loud siren and voice alarm that will inform you when the gas limit exceeds
- It uses less than 3-watt electricity, meaning that you can save a lot of money and it is easy to use as well
- Its LED screen shows you the accurate concentration of the gas all the time
- The device comes with high sensitivity and detects the gas precisely to keep you safe
8. EG Air Y201 Propane and Natural Gas Leak Detector
The EG Air Y201 Propane and Natural Gas Leak Detector is one of the best propane gas detectors in the market right now that gives you a lot of useful features. It can detect multiple combustible & explosive gas leaks from methane / natural gas to propane, fuel, and other flammable gases.
When the gas limit exceeds the standard, it will start alarming with 85db noise level and show the concentration of propane gas with its 6 LEDs. As a result, you can easily ensure safety to your home, no matter which gas user you are. Even you can adjust the sensitivity level so that it can be used for large explosion and small leak and avoiding fake alarm.
To make it usable in a confined area, it comes with a 12-inch long flexible sensor neck so that you can use it in a confined area such as pipe or fuel lines to detect a gas leak. Besides, it runs in 3 AAA batteries that make it perfectly portable and saves a lot of money for you. So overall, you should consider it for sure.
- You can detect multiple combustible & explosive gas leaks from natural gas to propane, fuel, and other flammable gases.
- This device makes 85db noise level alarm with 6 LEDs so that you can hear that even if you stay long away from the kitchen.
- You can easily adjust the sensitivity level to filter fake gas alarm and make it usable for small and large gas leaks
- A bendable long sensor neck is there that allows you to use it even in a confined area
- It is powered by 3 AAA battery that makes sure it runs for a long time with a single charge and can carry it anywhere
7. MTI Industries Propane/LP Gas Alarm
The MTI Industries Propane/LP Gas Alarm is another good portable natural gas detector you can find in the market right now that provides good customer value. If you are a traveler, then this is the one you should consider for your RV’s safety. It can detect multiple gases, including Propane or LP gas.
It comes with advanced technology along with an ‘Alarm Mute’ button. When there is any gas leakage, the alarm starts ringing up, and when the RV ventilates air into it, the alarm shuts off. At the same time, it recovers and resets the alarm so that it starts working once again.
It is powered by 12v DC current, meaning that it will cost very less energy and thus saves your money. Also, you can easily install it without any hassle in 5 minutes. Even if you are using it and install it for the first time, you can use it as well. Its size is compact as well, meaning that you can take it in your bag anywhere and use it wherever you go.
- It is able to detect multiple gases such as Propane and LP gas that makes it perfect for you
- It comes with an advanced technology that can easily detect the gas and lets you know
- Its ‘Alarm Mute’ button shut off the alarm when there are enough ventilation and air and reset the alarm at the same time
- The size of this detector is compact, which makes it easy to carry, and it is easy to install as well.
- It is cost-effective as well since it is powered by 12v dc current.
6. REED Instruments Combustible Gas Leak Detector
Another useful propane gas detector by REED Instrument, which has a lot of useful features and can get your job done perfectly. With this useful detector, you can easily detect many types of combustible gases such as natural gas, ethane, propane, methane, benzene, and others. When it detects the gas, it will deliver the signal visually with its LED and audio signal with its loud buzzing alarm.
It features a gooseneck that allows you to reach confined areas such as pipe, gas line, and others. As a result, it becomes more productive than most other detectors in the market. As you know, it is important to install the device near the gas source. So this feature will help you install it close to the source.
You can adjust the sensitivity of the device as well, meaning that you can set the sensitivity high when you want to detect small leakage and sensitivity level high when you want to detect explosive leakage. Also, it prevents any false alarm. You will have batteries and a hard case that allow you to take it anywhere you go. So overall, it is surely a good one that should be considered while purchasing a gas detector.
- It can detect many types of combustible gases such as natural gas, ethane, propane, methane, benzene, and others.
- You will get both audible and visual alarm so that you can ensure the highest safety
- This device comes with gooseneck so that you can reach any confined area where others cannot
- You can adjust the sensitivity of the gas detecting that allows you to use it for different types of leakage
- It includes batteries and a strong carrying case that make it portable
5. Gasjob Combustible Portable Methane/Propane Gas Leak Detector
Another excellent natural or propane gas detector by Gasjob. It is one of the best gas leak detectors in the market without any doubt. Like any good gas leak detector, this one can detect multiple combustible gases such as natural gas methane, gasoline, Propane (LPG), and others. Its detect range is 50-10000 rmp based on the gas type.
It features six red LEDs that will provide you the visual alarm you need to know the gas concentration and 85db audio alarm so that you can remain safe all the time. A 12-inch flexible gooseneck allows you to reach such places where you cannot work with most of the other detectors. You can keep it onto the device for better storage.
It is extremely easy to use; even you are doing it for the first time, you can use it. Its high sensitive sensor makes the gas detecting faster and faster response sensor enables faster alarm just when the detector detects the gas.
- You can easily detect several gases, including natural gas methane, gasoline, Propane (LPG), and others.
- It gives you both audio and visual alarm to keep you safe all the time.
- It comes with a long gooseneck that allows you to reach a wide range of confined areas
- It is extremely easy to use, even suitable for the first time users as well
- You will get a highly sensitive sensor with a quick sensor response for faster detection and response
4. FORENSICS DETECTORS FD GAS LEAK DETECTOR
This one is excellent propane and natural gas leak detector by FORENSICS DETECTOR FD that comes with a lot of useful features. It comes with the ability to detect Propane, Butane, Natural Gas, Methane, H2, NH3, and Alkanes. Also, you will get an accurate result when it detects any leak. Its audio, vibration, and visual alarm system will make you alert about the gas leakage.
This gas detector features a highly sensitive sensor with ppm (0-10,000ppm) that will provide you fast response and save you from danger. That is why it is used by inspectors, refinery workers, utility workers, maintenance engineers, and technicians. A high-resolution clear LCD display shows the concentration of the gas.
Unlike many detectors, this one is durable because it is shock-proof, explosion-proof, dust-proof, and waterproof. As a result, it lasts longer, and you get long time protection. Overall, it is simple yet very effective. Even if you do not know how to use it, don’t panic, it comes with an English manual as well.
- You can detect gases such as propane, natural gas, methane and others with this amazing detector
- It offers you an adjustable audio alarm, visual alarm, and vibration alarm at the same time.
- Its high sensitive sensor provides you with accurate and fast response whenever there is any leak
- This device is shock-proof, explosion-proof, dust-proof, and waterproof, meaning that it id durable enough
- It is suitable for different people, such as utility workers, maintenance engineers, refinery workers, and technicians.
3. MTI Industries 30-442-P-WT Propane Gas detector
If you are looking for an effective propane gas detector that will work on the kitchen and recreational van or trucks, then you should consider this amazing propane gas detector by MTI Industries. With this one, you can easily detect the propane gas in your kitchen or fifth wheels or truck without any hassle.
Whenever the gas limit exceeds, it starts alerting you with 85 DB noise level and its advanced technology with an alarm mute button turns off the alarm when the van ventilates the air. It has a higher sensitive sensor that works perfectly to detect the gas and response very fast.
Also, it is extremely easy to use, even if you are using it for the first time, you can use it. Its best thing is that you can use it in extreme weather. From -40° F to +158° F temperature, these detector works find. As a result, no matter where you go, you can use it, and it will give you the best result and ensure the safety you are looking for.
- You can easily detect propane gas with higher accuracy in the kitchen and travel van.
- It gives you a loud 85 DB alarm to keep you safe all the time.
- It works perfectly in high or low temperature from -40° F to +158° F
- It is extremely easy to use; you can use it even if you are a first time user
- You will get a highly sensitive sensor that detects and responses faster
2. Amprobe GSD600 Gas Leak Detector
The Amprobe GSD600 Gas Leak Detector a fantastic gas leak detector that has a lot of useful features to ensure your safety. It comes with a semiconductor sensor that can detect propane and methane gas easily. Also, this sensor detects the gas very fast and response fast as well. As a result, you get a quick alarm about the danger and remain safe all the time.
Its audio buzzer and large LED display alarm when the gas limit exceeds the standard limit. You can see the gas concentration on the display easily. Even if you stay in a quiet place, it will silently deliver the alarm through its headset option. A low battery indicator is also there so that you can recharge it when necessary.
To use it in hard to reach areas, this useful detector features a stainless steel probe so that you can easily install the detector closest to the gas source. Besides, it automatically calibrates when you power it on that ensures perfect measurement. So overall, you should consider this one if you need the best one.
- You can easily detect multiple gases, including propane and methane, mostly used by the users.
- It offers you both an audio buzzer and a visual display panel alarm to keep you safe all the time.
- Semiconductor sensor detects the gas faster and response fast as well to keep you safe
- This detector comes with a long stainless-steel probe that allows you to reach hard to reach areas
- It automatically calibrates the power is on, ensure accurate measurement
1. UEi Test Instruments CD100A Combustible Gas Leak Detector
Up next is the UEi Test Instruments Combustible Gas Leak Detector which is designed to detect combustible gases that can be hazardous. It has the ability to detect several gases, including Natural Gas, Gasoline-Petrol, and Propane. Its useful gas leak detector circuit will sense the gas fast and respond fast with accuracy. As a result, you remain tension free about gas leakage.
You will get an audio and visual alarm system so that you listen to and see the alarm. Even if you want, you can use it is a silent area with its headphone jack. To make it more effective, it comes with an 18” long gooseneck so that you can reach any confined area.
Besides, a work light is placed in the sensor cap that allows you to search the leak source even in the dark. It is easy to install and use as well, even if you want to use for the first time, you can use it too. So overall, this might look simple for sure, but it will get your job better than many detectors you will find in the market. So don’t be late to choose it.
- This detector has the capacity to detect multiple gases such as Natural Gas, Gasoline-Petrol, and Propane.
- It comes with adjustable audio and visual alarm so that you can get the desired noise
- A long gooseneck is there that allows you to reach the confined area
- You will work light in sensor cap so that you can search the leaked area easily even in the dark
- It features a headphone jack so that you can use it in a quiet area.
WHAT TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING THE PROPANE GAS DETECTOR?
Now you have the list of some best propane gas detectors. But how can you find out the best one that will be perfect and right for you? Well, we have got your back and going to tell you what you should consider while choosing the propane gas detector.
The first thing you should consider is the alarm. For you, the main purpose of this detector is getting know about the gas leakage and take the preventive measurements for explosion or other hazardous events. But you will get that only when the alarm will work perfectly and loudly. So make sure the alarm is perfect and work both visually and audibly. Sometimes, you might not listen to the sound, but you might see the alarm, and it will save you.
Another important thing to look for is the sensitivity level of the sensor. The higher the sensitivity level of the sensor, the better it is because then it can detect any small to large leakage. At the same time, check the response time of the sensor, and it has to be faster as well. If the sensor makes a delay in response, any accident can happen. So check the sensor carefully before buying the gas detector.
The power source is also important because it will tell you how long time you can use it and how much cost you have to bear to run the device. It will be better if you choose one with a rechargeable battery power source because it will support you even when the electricity is not there. You know, gas leakage often happens during the natural disaster when the electricity is gone. Do not go for the non-rechargeable battery because that can cost you a lot.
Check out other features as well because these features will make your use more convenient for sure. For example, if the device has a long gooseneck, it will help you reach confined areas and detect the gas precisely. Also, if the detector has a light on the sensor, it will help you find the source in the dark. So make sure your detector has all the useful features.
Durability is another important feature that you should not overlook at all. You do not want to buy a detector for one month only, right? Since you are investing money in your safety, it has to be durable and work for a long time. Also, it should be water-resistance, smoke-resistant, and oil resistant so that it works for a long time in the kitchen.
These are some main features that you should consider while choosing a propane gas detector. If you can follow these, I hope you will end up buying the best one.
WHY SHOULD YOU BUY A PROPANE GAS DETECTOR?
There are many reasons why you should buy a propane gas detector. Here are a few reasons.
- The main and obvious reason is safety; this propane gas detector offers safety against gas leakage. You know how dangerous propane gas can be.
- This device tells you about the leakage; as a result, you find the leakage in the gas tank and save the gas wastage.
- With this device, you can monitor the gas activity all day; for a person, it is impossible at all.
- It can work in a harsh environment, so matter how the environment is, it will work fine.
- You can easily install and use it because it is designed to be user friendly.
Frequently asked questions
Do you have any questions? If yes, then follow the frequently asked questions below.
Where should I place my propane gas detector?
You should place your propane gas detector as close as possible to the gas source.
What kind of detector do I need for propane?
You need a detector that can detect propane gas and also, that has higher sensitivity.
Can propane fumes kill you?
Yes, it can. It can cause some serious health hazards, and also, it can result in an explosion that can kill you.
How do you test a propane gas detector?
You can power on the detector and take it to an open propane gas area where the gas is open and check whether the detector show signal or not.
You know, finding the best propane gas detectors is really important because, without a good detector, you cannot ensure the safety you are looking for. When you have the best one, you can ensure safety against propane and other gases with audio and visual signals, quick response, and higher sensitivity. That is why we have mentioned some of the top class gas detectors for propane and other gases with their features and benefits. I hope this article will help you find the best one because all of the detectors that we have reviewed are good and provide higher customer value. So choose the gas detector carefully and ensure maximum safety against gas leakage.